Please be advised that due to Covid 19, we are unable to accept any new clients at this time. If you have an upcoming court date and need more information, please visit the Alberta Courts website at https://www.albertacourts.ca/pc/resources/announcements//covid-19-pandemic-planning-for-the-scheduling-of-matters. If you are an existing client, please leave a message including your name, telephone number and the nature of your call and we will do our best to return you call within 24 hours, or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following regarding SLA’s upcoming blackout periods and closures:
- Client intakes will not be conducted between April 3, 2020 and May 11, 2020 due to the Faculty’s exam schedule .
- On July 16, 2020, the SLA office will be closed.
Booking An Appointment
- Intake appointments are booked a week in advance on a first come first serve basis. To request an appointment online, complete the form below.
- We begin booking appointments at 9 a.m. on Monday mornings for all available appointments the following week. We encourage callers to contact us at this time as appointments fill quickly.
- Each appointment is 30 minutes
- There is a one-time application fee of $50 (except for U of C Undergrads, they get the services for free)
- During the school year (September – March) appointments are in the evening, Monday – Thursday. 7pm – 9 pm.
- Appointments in the summer are Monday – Thursday. 9:30 am – 12 pm and then 1:30 pm – 4pm. Every other Wednesday 5:30 pm – 7pm.
- The SLA office is open Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The SLA office is closed on week-ends and statutory holidays.
- Please note we do not book appointments by voicemail. If the line is busy, please call back to book an appointment.
- Caseworkers do not provide legal information over the phone. In order to obtain summary information or access legal information and representation, clients must first attend an intake appointment.
Student Legal Assistance operates year round. Please note that Caseworkers cannot make Court appearances for you during examination time periods.
Directions to Our Office:
The SLA office is located in the University of Calgary Campus on the 3rd floor of Murray Fraser Hall (Faculty of Law) at the University of Calgary.
Once you have reached the third floor, SLA is down the hall to the left of the stairs. You will see a glass wall with the words Student Legal Assistance on it.
Murray Fraser Hall is accessible by:
C-Train: Routes 201 & 202 (University Station) Campus Map
Bus: Bus stop located across from Murray Fraser Hall.
- Route 9: Dalhousie/Chinook
- Route 20: Heritage/Northmount
- Route 31: Dalhousie/Lions Park
- Route 90: Bridgeland/University of Calgary
- Route 104: Sunnyside/University of Calgary
Parking: A pay parking lot is located directly south of Murray Fraser Hall. A parkade is also located to the west of Murray Fraser hall for $8/entry. Credit Card payment only.